Friday, January 8, 2010

Can I make an appt with a dermatologist without having any health insurance?

I think I need to have a rather large mole on my neck sent for a biopsy and I do not have any insurance. I have a referal from my primary but I have heard that not only is it difficult to get an appt with a non-emergency request, but alos that a lot of doctors simply won't see someone without any insurance.Can I make an appt with a dermatologist without having any health insurance?
Hi. If you have no insurance, most doctors will request that you pay for your visit when you go there. Dermatologists are very expensive. When i went recently, the visit alone was $200.00 ( not including what she did ). I had to pay the whole amount due before i left ( i have no health insurance ). Biopsies are very costly also. Yes, it is very hard to get appointments also. I had somewhat of an emergency, and had to wait 2 months. Welcome to the wonderful world of health care. I've never had a doctor turn me down for not having insurance, i just have to pay for it when i go ( which can be difficult sometimes ). Best of luck to you :-)Can I make an appt with a dermatologist without having any health insurance?
They will see you without insurance, but you have to be self pay.


You could go to a hospital dermatology clinic where they usually have a sliding scale.





Tell dermatologist your PCP said you needed to be seen right away.


If you needed a referral from your PCP %26amp; you can't get a fast appt. ask your MD to call for you.





Best of luck.
It's possible but you have to pay for the appointment yourself.
They can't turn you way u will be private pay it will be expensive but sounds like you need to go good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment