Friday, January 8, 2010

What to expect when going to see a dermatologist ?

So tomorrow I am seeing a dermatologist for the first time. I heard that you are supposed to go once a year (I think) just to make sure everything is okay... I am going for that reason. I wanna make sure my skin is okay.





What should I expect when I go?


What kind of questions should I ask her to make sure my skin is okay?





Thank youWhat to expect when going to see a dermatologist ?
expect to wait- lol its just like a regular doctors office


when you get to your exam room an intern will (ususally) come and look at you, and ask you some routine questions- they are just there to learn to be dermatologists


then the dermatologist will come in, ask why your there, do you have n e questions or concerns, etc...


you should ask what u r concerned about:


- is it possible i have dry or oily skin


- is it possible i have excema


- what are some anti-acne treatments you recommend


- what are some lotions and moistorizers i should use


- how can i decrease my skin cancer rate


etc...





you dont ask all of these questions, those are just some examples that you CAN ask and then you can elaborate





Good Luck :)What to expect when going to see a dermatologist ?
I have gone and i would expect it to be brief, she'll most likely just look at your pores, and just examine your skin (haha) just tell her about how many hours you spend in the sun or uv rays. tell her alll products that you use for your skin (moisturizers, acne solutions, lotions, tanning lotrions and so on) ask if there is anything wrong with your skin and what you can do to improve its health =)


good luck! any questions that i didnt answer? feel free to e-mail me!
They will probably ask you...


How many times do you wash your face?


What type of make-up do you wear?


Stuff that involves your skin and they will probably give you some samples for preventing acne and a little brochure that tells you EVERYTHING about acne
Its like a 5 minute appointment.


You go in. Sit. The person comes in.


Looks at your face. Gives you a prescription if you need one.


Then you leave.
well when i went they ask you simple questions like are you allergic to something they mostly know what it is when they see you, so no need to worry

No comments:

Post a Comment