Friday, January 8, 2010

Going to a dermatologist for the first time ever later today, should i prepare anything?

I've already taken off my makeup, but I'm assuming a dermatologist is like a doctor's, you have to tell them as much as possible.


What should I already know about my acne before going?


I'm 13 by the way


Thanks!Going to a dermatologist for the first time ever later today, should i prepare anything?
Hi, I work at a derm office. Going without your makeup is a great idea. The doctor will ask you questions about your acne, like how long you have had it, if it gets better or flares, if you have tried products on it to help it, that type of thing. The doctor can usually tell exactly what type of acne you have just be examining it. He will probably give you a cream to apply, maybe recommend certain product for washing and moisturizing, and sometimes they will try you on an antibiotic as that helps the skin get rid of bacteria. Good luck! It will be fine!Going to a dermatologist for the first time ever later today, should i prepare anything?
i saw a dermatologist when i was 13 and you don't really have to do anything they just look at you and will probably prescribe something like Differin or an antibiotic like Doxycycline and then have you come back in a couple months to see how your skin looks. I have been going now for a while and i have really nice skin now.


Good Luck!
When I went for the first time I took all the medications I was taking with me so that they knew 100% what it was since some medications don't mix well. I also took the face products I was using at the time, again so they could see what I was using. I wore make up to mine, didn't seem to be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment