Friday, January 8, 2010

What can I expect to happen at the dermatologist?

My acne has gotten really bad in the past couple of months.


I am going to a dermatologist in a few weeks.


What kind of medcine do you think they will give me?


Will it be something I take or something I put on my face?


And how long do you think it would take for my face to clear up?What can I expect to happen at the dermatologist?
When I first went to the dermatologist, after my examination, he suggested that I go on Accutane.. But because of insurance stuff ';they had to try an alternative first.'; The first medicine they gave me was an antibiotic (it was a huge pill) and a topical cream to go with it. (It's troublesome putting cream all over your face and back every day...) And after being on that for a month or so, I got HORRIBLE cramps, like you're sweating, can't stand, feel like you're going to puke and crap.. (lol) and one day I swallowed one of the pills without water and the next day, I had acid reflux. After three days of pain, I went to the doctor, found out it had gave me gastritis, and got meds for that. After that, I finally went on accutane. And what do you know, after 5 years of severe acne, I'm generally more clear skinned than everyone else. I'm still on accutane... There are some down sides, but IF you need that, your doctor will explain them..What can I expect to happen at the dermatologist?
First time I went, they gave me this Benzol Peroxide (.25%), a topical cream, and antibiotics. None of That worked. Thankfully, my acne cleared by itself and now, I'm left with ugly red scars. He then gave me this laser treatment. :) I haven't seen any results yet because it'll take a few more treatments to really see them.
first they'll probably give you a topical cream. oral medicine is for more severe cases where nothin has worked. it'll probably take a good 6 weeks to see drastic results.

No comments:

Post a Comment