Friday, January 8, 2010

I want to get on Accutane but I heard my dermatologist will only give it to me if I make a good argument?

I realize all the consequences and side-effects.





I also have been on Retin-A for a long time with very little results. I have extremely oily skin (very shiny by 9 am). This is a new dermotolgist and I have an appointment tomorrow. I'm scared of needles also but willing to deal with it. I'm not sure how to convince my doctor to allow me to try it.I want to get on Accutane but I heard my dermatologist will only give it to me if I make a good argument?
Generally you will have to have exhausted all other products and methods and after zero success then you would be considering a suitable candidate for Accutane. Some won't prescribe it unless you Have cystic acne that penetrates deeper in the skin and is known to cause scarring. Other doctors will hesitate to prescribe it to females in general due mainly to the birth defects that it causes.





If you really want to give Accutane a try, and meet with some resistance from your dermatologist then seek out a different physician. It's really your choice as to whether or not you want to take Accutane despite any issues involved.I want to get on Accutane but I heard my dermatologist will only give it to me if I make a good argument?
What are you in a debate? If he has valid reasons for NOT wanting to give it to you then he needs to speak up. If not then say your argument is ';if you don't give it to me I'll see another doctor get a second opinion';. Why would you have to explain anything to him...

No comments:

Post a Comment