Saturday, December 26, 2009

Question 4 people who have gone to a dermatologist to treat acne?

What did they prescribe you?


How long did it take 4 it to work?Question 4 people who have gone to a dermatologist to treat acne?
I went to two different dermatologists after trying pretty much every over-the-counter product for my skin.





The first had me use Aveeno foaming cleanser. He prescribed Duac and Differin. When that failed to produce any results, he prescribed oral antibiotics. Those failed, and he wanted to put me on Accutane. I had some insurance issues at that time, and my acne wasn't bothering me as much...so I stopped seeing him, without taking the Accutane.





A few years later, my acne began flaring up again. I went to a different dermatologist. He prescribed Benzacline for me to use twice a day and Retin-A Micro once a day. He also prescribed a benzoyl peroxide wash for my back. When those didn't work, he prescribed Tetracycline, a different oral antibiotic than I had taken before. When that didn't work after a few months, he talked to me about Accutane...and I finally went through with it.





I was only on it for five months (though I should have been on it longer), but it did wonders for my skin. It began clearing it up within a month. It also made my cholesterol skyrocket, so I had to follow a low-fat, low-cholesterol diet for several months...





He took me off of it probably sooner than I should have been, and now my acne has resurfaced, although nowhere near as bad as it was. I am now using a sulfur/sulfa wash twice a day and there are some weird vitamins I'm trying to get up the nerve to take...Question 4 people who have gone to a dermatologist to treat acne?
tretinoin cream and minocycline. i had pretty bad acne before, and now i swear to god...my skin is completely 100% clear. in fact, makeup artists will compliment me on my skin! i recommend these medicines comletely. also,there are NO side affects (like you wont want to kill yourself because some acne meds are downers...these are not)
I was prescribed Azelex. It's a cream you use twice a day. I noticed results within 2 days, it's great.
Benzaclin has always worked for me, and very quickly. I've also used Differin, which took awhile to work.
It matters what you skin type is and how bad your acne is... It took about 2 years for my sister with REALLY BAD acne, and about 6 months for me.. it matters
azelex cream. works pretty good, but itches while it dries. works in a few days or so. you have to use it all the time though.





tetracycline was what they gave a friend of mine. it worked. she took it long term. it worked pretty quickly.





differin gel did not work for me. it worked for my other friend.





proactive did not work for me and gave me shortness of breath. i guess i was allergic to it.





none of the over the counter stuff worked.





that's about all i tried.





colgate advance fresh gel toothpaste works well. it takes the red out and makes the bump go down a lot. but it's green so you have to use it at night. don't rub it in, just dab it on.
Everyone is different. Depending on the severity of your acne they might prescribe a number of things, from oral drugs, to topicals to a combination of both. Everyone is different so something that works for me might not work for you. It usually takes about 4-6 weeks before you can tell if something is helping you or not.
A dermatologist prescribed me various medications for a few years.


I was prescribed Retin-A (it made my skin dry) and didn't work to well.


- I was also prescribed Tretinoin cream which is another version of Retin-A and it worked the best for me. I no longer have acne except for occasional breakouts.


- I only started seeing results after a little over a week. In a few months my face really cleared up. My acne has decreased significantly that I no longer use the product. I havent used it in 3 years and my face is still clear.
There is a special skin treatment they use, but it will make your skin very red and irritated for a few days afterward. Some dermatologists like Pro-Activ. It worked for me, but it doesn't work for some people. You have to experiment with different products to find the one that works for you.
I've never been to one, but I've tried proactiv and ALL OTC medicines...and nothing works...
well my friend wen when they were in HS.


the dermie got some instrument for the skin and kinda punctured their acne. the friend sceamed. then he kinda slapped her and said, ';not to be a sissy';.


she never went to that dermatologist again ever.


go w/medicated skin cream. It's safer.


My ma uses that cream, it works pretty fast.
they gave me this cream thing that i out on my face and left on all night.


its gotten better, but i still have some.


usually if the thing they give u doesnt work, they switch, and give you something else.
  • makeup trends
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment