Saturday, December 26, 2009

What should I major in if I want to become a dermatologist?

I am a senior, 17 years old, 4.2 GPA. College applications are just around the corner. Just recently, I decided that I want to study dermatology/become a dermatologist. However, I'm having trouble deciding what I should major in when it comes to college. Help, please. :)





I've been stressing over this.What should I major in if I want to become a dermatologist?
I assume that you know that you have to get a BS (four years) then get a medical degree (another four years) before doing an internship and residency in dermatology (at least another three years).





You can get into medical school with a major in any subject as long as you take the prerequisite courses. But it is always a good idea to do more than the bare minimum -- so a degree in biology or chemistry would be a good idea.





Here is a web site that should help you.What should I major in if I want to become a dermatologist?
Dermatologist is an MD, so your going to have to go to medical school.





To get into medical school you can study virtually anything you want and providing you take the required prerequisites and pass the MCAT you can get in.





If you study some form of biology or chemistry that may seem the most applicable to your intended profession. However you can also study business which would have value if the medical school thing falls through.

No comments:

Post a Comment