Saturday, December 26, 2009

How can I convince my mother to take me to a dermatologist?

I have a few skin problems but my mom hates doctors and unless I'm lying on the ground dying she wont even consider that idea. How do I convince her to take me.How can I convince my mother to take me to a dermatologist?
Tell her it would be cheaper in the long run. Over the counter products are expensive. Most health insurance covers dermatology. Tell her you'll find one in your area and set the app. yourself. You can request they send the new patient paperwork in the mail and she can fill it out. Then you can get a ride from a friend or relative.How can I convince my mother to take me to a dermatologist?
if she wont take you, can you take yourself?
Be careful, some skin problems are able to spread systemically and cause problems in other organs and even cause death.
Humm ... sounds like mother ... I could never figure out how to get her to take me because I use to always have ear infections and because of her stupidity I no longer have the hearing in my left ear that I should have.





The best thing I can say for you is to do the research on several medications show her your research then tell her you want to see the doctor to see f any of this can work for you.
convince your father
Is there a way for you to get there on your own (assuming Mom's afraid of just being in the office)? Maybe if you get her undivided attention/have heart-to-heart and tell her about how you feel about your skin problems, then how you feel a dermatologist can help you feel better about yourself. Perhaps getting to that part of her that remembers how that felt (instead of focusing on the doctor side) might convince her to brave it out for you. If it's a money issue, can you pay the copay for the visits? Good luck!
Tell her if your skin problems leave scars when you are older and move out on your own and are supporting yourself you are going to hire a lawyer and sue her.

No comments:

Post a Comment