Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can a dermatologist refuse to remove a mole?

Hey, everyone





I made an appointment with a dermatologist in October. It's essentially a check up, but I'm also going to get 2 moles removed. I have a strong family history of melanoma (skin cancer), but I am concerned that the doctors will advise me to leave the moles alone and do nothing.





This would be a problem because the moles are both unattractive (although not visible without certain types of clothing) and easily irritated by clothing.





Will they fulfill my request to have them removed? Would I be referred to a plastic surgeon? Also, how long is the wait between the check up and the actual removal? I have to wait almost a month to go there, so I hope it's not that long.





Thanks, everyone!Can a dermatologist refuse to remove a mole?
I just recently had three moles removed... not because the doctor thought anything was wrong with them, but because I requested for them to be taken off... for the same reasons as you... she did them the same day as my appointment and all she did was numb them a little and shave them off...I didn't feel a thing and it was worth it... my visit lasted about 30 minutes from arrival to leaving... (mole removal included) good luck...Can a dermatologist refuse to remove a mole?
I 'v e moles removed %26amp; right then in the 1st appointment. they can lazor them off %26amp; just put a lettle band-aid on them %26amp; they'll be wellin just afew days.





i see no need to worry about them not taking any off, even if they suspect cancer, i thinkk they have to send them in for test anyway, it may take a week or more, to find out .





it's been several years now but i've got some more i need taken off, i had some under an area where my clothes rubbed them too, it felt so much better to get them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment