Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can I book an appointment and see a dermatologist without my parents?

I'm sixteen, and I've got this skin issue. I've asked my mother already to take me to a dermatologist and she doesn't want to because she doesnt think it's anything serious. I found a dermatologist very close to me, will the see me if I'm on my own?Can I book an appointment and see a dermatologist without my parents?
Well for starters the previous poster is correct, I've never heard of a dermatologist accepting a new patient without a primary physician referral first. Also, doctor visits are expensive if you have no insurance (which at 16 I'm sure you don't have independent of your parents) and if you expect your parent's insurance to foot the bill generally they have to make the appointment (plus I don't know of any doctors other than free planned parenthood clinics that accept patients under 18). Sorry, but you're just going to have to plead your case to your mom.Can I book an appointment and see a dermatologist without my parents?
most dermatologist want a referal from your primary physician. See if your primary allows you to come in on your own if you are 16 and old and then ask for a referal to the dermatologist and explain in details why.
  • makeup trends
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment