Thursday, December 17, 2009

Should I go to a dermatologist, cosmetic surgeon or gp to have skin tags removed?

For some reason my doctor doesn't want to do it. I think because my insurance doesn't cover it she doesn't want to charge me or tell me how much she should charge.Should I go to a dermatologist, cosmetic surgeon or gp to have skin tags removed?
dermatologist should be able to handle skin tags with no problem...no need for a surgeon. Usually insurance does not cover the removal of skin tags because it's considered a ';cosmetic'; procedure. Definitely ask your doctor to refer you to a dermatologist.Should I go to a dermatologist, cosmetic surgeon or gp to have skin tags removed?
Get a referral from your doctor. She will know who to send you to.
you have the right to ask your GP why he does not want to do this there may be a good medical reason do not, underestimate your GP,

No comments:

Post a Comment