Thursday, December 17, 2009

What language should I take if I want to become a dermatologist?

I'm going to be a freshmen in high school. I signed up for French, but I read someone else's question that I should take Latin because medicines or whatever are in Latin. So what should I do? Is it okay to stay in French? Or should I switch to Latin; if I can.





If I want to become a dermatologist, does it really matter what language I take?What language should I take if I want to become a dermatologist?
Hello.





Freshman in high school? It doesn't matter what you're going to take unless:





1. You somehow become fluent in it via education at the high school level (which isnt going to happen)


2. Decide to continue onto college and major in it





Med schools don't care what you take in high school. High school is a foundation for the real game - which is college.





Take whatever you want to take. But keep in mind where you plan on attending school in 8 years. It would probably make more sense to take Spanish because we have a lot of Spanish speakers. I suppose Latin would help, but it isn't really THAT necessary. Latin and Medical latin are separate courses for a reason (typically offered at your college).





If you want to be more competitive in your med school applications, then you should truly learn a language. When you fill out the application (AMCAS application), you have to state only languages you are FLUENT in. So at the end of the day, it isn't going to help you unless you most likely major in it at the college level (or minor in it - but usually the credits for a language minor are nearly the same for another full major).What language should I take if I want to become a dermatologist?
Take latin:





http://www.promotelatin.org/TCAsurvey2.p鈥?/a>
most medical terms are either english or latin based- but if you are looking for the best/ most widely spoken language one of the fastest growing in the US is spanish
maybe Spanish they have pretty bad skin
Latin might help, but Spanish is the language that would help you out with all the people that speak it in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment