Monday, December 14, 2009

What will a dermatologist prescribe for clogged pores?

I'm on minocycline for back acne, but will that get rid of clogged pores? I think that's an antibiotic for the inflamed stuff. What else would a dermatologist prescribe?What will a dermatologist prescribe for clogged pores?
I know it isn't prescribed for acne, but a quick fix is the antibiotic Kelflex. Clears up any acne in no time cause it's a skin antibiotic. But you can't use it all the time, like any other antibiotic. Try not to sweat so much.What will a dermatologist prescribe for clogged pores?
My derma prescribed something called I can't remember but it was a topical ointment and was salicylin based. You can get things that contain it easily in drugstores/chemists and it's cheap, under 5 bucks. I was on antibiotics - all the tetracyclines and they worked for a couple of years .But I have found ointment with salicyic to be the best and actually really effective very quickly. Be careful, I've burnt a couple of holes in my skin although they do repair with a bit of almond oil.


good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment