Sunday, April 25, 2010

Can a dermatologist prescribe birth control?

I'm nearly 22 and have had acne since I was 14. I have tried literally everything- but it's stubborn and is caused by my hormones. I heard/read that birth control is very effective in treating hormonal acne, and was wondering if a derm can prescribe it. I also have extremely sensitive skin, and it is also very, very dry. I cannot use Benz. Peroxide or any other drying products.Can a dermatologist prescribe birth control?
You wouldn't be the first one to be prescribed birth control for that problem. As long as your dermatologist is a doctor, then he/she should be able to prescribe it to you. Hope it works for you:)Can a dermatologist prescribe birth control?
im pretty sure a dermatologist cant prescribe it, they may recommend it but cant prescribe it due to the fact that you have to have a well-womans exam to be prescribed bc. Which you should be doing yearly anyhow if your 22. Good luck!
im not sure if a dermatologist can prescribe birth control but if you have a chat with them they might tell you to go to you doctor with a letter from themselves and a pill that will help you hun **** luck
yes the derm will recommend it, but an obgyn will need to examine you first before prescribing it . but if you are 22 you should be getting your annual done 1x year.
Mine gave prescribed me birth control when I had to go on accutane. Dermatologists are doctors so of course they can give you birth control if it relates to acne.
Masturbation cleared up my complexion.


I don't see why a dermatologist can't prescribe birth control.
You need to ask you dermatologist about that.
yes they can. this is one of the ways that they treat it.its very effective.
lol I dont tihnk so. Idont see how its related for them to be able to prescribe but call and ask

No comments:

Post a Comment