Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Can my small skin tag be removed by my primary doctor or do I have to go to a dermatologist?

It was already told to me by a RN that is was a skin tag and it is


to small to tie a string around it. Can a regular doctor remove this


or do I have to go to a dermatologist? How do they remove it? Do they numb it before? I have insurance but I assume it doesn't cover even though its irritated by clothes all the time so about how much do they charge? Thanks again!Can my small skin tag be removed by my primary doctor or do I have to go to a dermatologist?
Some family doctors will remove them and some won't. Call the office and ask. If he will do it, go there. If not, go to a dermatologist. He can snip it off, with or without numbing it (depending on the size). He would do it with sterile scissors. Also,depending on the size, he could use a numbing topical or a numbing injection. It will take a matter of seconds. I have no idea what he would charge as the cost would vary from doctor to doctor and state to state but it would not be much. If you have insurance, all but your co-pay would cover the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment