Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Will going to a dermatologist really work?

I have really bad acne, all over my face. And sometimes is get unbelievable. So, i was wondering, instead of just using over the counter creams etc that don't work, will going to a dermatologist actually work? I'm really tired of acne. I can't remember the last time I had clean skin. I must have been in 8. I'm 16 now.





:l





Thanks :DWill going to a dermatologist really work?
I'll tell you the truth. Don't go. dermatologists don't work. All they do is make you pay a lot of money for stuff that doesn't work. All they do is guess, even they don't know what causes acne. Will going to a dermatologist really work?
A dermatologist is your best bet. I also have had bad acne and i used to try everything over the counter like proactive, clearsil, clean and clear... etc. Anyways my doctor prescribed me tazorac and a antibiotic minocyline. They have worked wonders. The antibiotic kills bacteria internally that causes acne. Tazorac can possibly make your acne worse at first because it is pulling out pimples from under your skin that have not reached the skin surface yet, but it they would have came out eventually anyways.


So after those pimples heal ( which tazorac speeds up the healing process) you should not get anymore pimples.


I would also advise making sure your face is clean using a good cleanser 2-3 times a day. I use neutrogena foam wash which works great !


Hope this helps :)
i went to the doctor and they prescribed me retin-a. now i don't have as much acne as before but i have markd left over which will fade over time and retin-a also helps with that.





i aslo tried over the counter products and they didn't do much. so if i were you i would go to the doctor.
Yes, going to a dermatologist will most definitely work. I used to waste money buying over-the-counter products, but when nothing worked. I headed over to a dermatologist and he was able to prescribe me a cream that actually works.





Good luck! [:
go to the doctor and ask for a Benza Clin prescription


it's a benynzol peroxide gel that will really help clear up your acne
Head there at the very least there are a few things they can try.


It should help - especially if nothing over the counter helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment