Sunday, April 25, 2010

What can I expect if I go to a dermatologist?

I have annoying, wide spread, sometimes painful, red, itchy, imflammatory ACNE. It's the worst annoyance. I've probably tried every cleanser/acne wash etc etc there is, including Proactiv, and nothing works! If I go to a dermatologist, what can I expect him/her to do for me? Will she just recommend that I go and buy a cleanser?


I want to clear and prevent breakouts,


what will a dermatologist do when I go to one?What can I expect if I go to a dermatologist?
I had the same problem in high school and a couple years after. I used to go to the dermatologist and get ';chemical peels';. Basically, they put this acidic chemical on your face. Burns a little but not too bad. Then they spray you with liquid nitrogen to cool your face down and stop the chemical reaction. Over the next few days your face peels a little, like you would with a minor sunburn. It seemed to help a little, but not long term.





Finally I wound up trying Accutane and it worked miraculously. Within 2-3 months I was almost completely cleared up. The only thing that remained was the scaring from years of bad skin and an occasional small blemish, hardly even noticable. It's a dangerous drug though. You have to be very aware of the possible side effects of the drug. They monitor your blood once a month while taking it, and you can only take it for 6 months.





The doctors took me off of it before my final month because of something wrong with my blood results. It had been long enough to get me cleared up though. I'm fine now and very happy that I took the chance, and even more so that I was lucky enough to not have hurt my health.





I know what you're going through, and feel for you. Good luck!What can I expect if I go to a dermatologist?
A good dermatologist will tell what they can do for you . If you don't like it try another.
Not just sex but for housekeeping, child care, and a variety of other tasks.
I think we have the same acne problem





i have an aoppointment with the dermatologist this monday


i tried everything....just like you





3 weeks ago it used to look really ugly....now that im starting to drink more water,do more exercise and having less erection....it seems to slowly going away.





but im not sure if thats is the case, im still going to see a dermotalogist and continue of what I believe that is going away.
Write you a prescription to clear it up and help fend it off. Don't worry people see him for allot worse things. Judy
She/he may be able to write you a prescription or suggest a cleanser you may not have tried or even heard of. I went to a dermatologist once for my acne.I have acne, but it's not as bad as it was, when I was a teen. I'm 20 now. It still is a problem with me due to sweating at work and hormones, mainly it is hormones. Try washing your face once in the morning and then once at night. Some people say that drinking more water, can help your skin. Don't overdo it though.I also have eczema, which, I may need to go to the dermatologist for, if it does not get better. Crazy that I have one condition caused by oil and another has dry skin, isn't it?
they will try to help...and they are very nice and polite too.... but from my expeiriences use the Pro Active Solution.. it is amazing and i have been using it for four years now and i have the clearest skin ever! so dont go to the dermotologist and get the Pro Active Solution!!!
Seriously, I totally know how you feel. I feel that a dermatologist can cost a lot and waste your time, but that is just my experience. I highly recommend trying the products at the Kavi Skincare solutions site. The coral soap and the acid treatments once a week along with some kind of Benzoyl Peroxide gel during the day is what helps
  • cream blush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment