Sunday, April 25, 2010

How can I get my Boyfriend to go to the Dermatologist to get screened for skin cancer?

I just read a whole article on skin cancer and they showed what some types of skin cancer may look like. My boyfriend has many moles on his body (over 50) and I am concerned that some may be cancerous.


Some of his moles did look funny to me. He says that he has no health insurance and just brushes me off when I bring the topic up. I even offered to pay for the dr. appointment and he just responded ';whatever';





Also, how long would it take for skin cancer to progress till he realizes he feel crappy enough that he needs to see a doctor? He thinks skin cancer is a joke and he is invincible to it. I am even thinking about telling his dad. Even though he's 26. At least his dad will care.





Just so you guys know I am checking his moles periodically for changes in shape and color.How can I get my Boyfriend to go to the Dermatologist to get screened for skin cancer?
we have one person in the Pool with us and her back is covered with black moles some very large. She is fine, and mostly keeps covered with a T shirt. I have also seen one woman while shopping her skin is covered with light brown moles,on arms legs neck and face, all that could be seen. These moles even look benign. However I am sure that they have also had to have them checked out. Especially now that you have a Free screening, do talk with him and see if he will go. He has no legitimate excuse, since it is free. And not much to be afraid of. Surprisingly often the men are very hesitant to see a Doctor. I think you should give an ultimatum you see the dermatologist, or I will not be your friend any more !!!How can I get my Boyfriend to go to the Dermatologist to get screened for skin cancer?
i agree show him the article even offer to go with him to the appointment not just pay for it but to let him know you are there for him no matter what maybe he is scared
show him the article, if he doesn't take your advice, let him be.You can't force someone if they don't want to go.
tell him he doesnt get any more pooty if he doesnt go. also tell him he could he from his stupidity
Next time you bring up the subject with him, show him the article that you read that sparked your concern in the first place...maybe it will help him to see what your so worried about.
If you are worried it might be cancer but he is worried about the cost try going to a free skin cancer screening clinic. They are offered by the American Academy of Dermatology. A licensed Dermatologist will do the exam and if they see anything that is suspicious they will have him make an appointment for treatment. You can find a clinic by visiting www.aad.org. Click on New %26amp; Events and there you will see Skin Cancer Screenings and you can search your area.


One thing I have learned is that skin cancer is NOT age related. We just lost a member of our community to it and she was in her 30's. Keep on him if you are concerned. He will thank you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment