Sunday, April 25, 2010

How do i get rid of millia seeds without having to visit a dermatologist?

that sounds pretty nasty...


i dont know, wash your face.How do i get rid of millia seeds without having to visit a dermatologist?
am unsure what millia seed is .... if you mean those little white ';fish eggs'; ? It's easy (slightly painful at first)... get some surgical needles from the pharmacy, wash fash clean, stand in front of a mirror, use 2 fingers to press beside each seed, prick it with the needle till the seed leaves the skin. And dab off the bloody mess with sterile cotton wool. I do this myself whenever I see any seed - so far so goodHow do i get rid of millia seeds without having to visit a dermatologist?
What is ';milla seeds?'; Can't find any info on it.
milia is what it is called and they are better known as whiteheads... you can schedule a facial and ask if the esthetician can remove them for you( i would not try to remove them myself) or let the derm do it ...insurance might cover it ( ask)... they are difficult to remove and must be extracted after the skin is softened with steam and/or a low pH product...usually a 26 gauge( sterile) needle is used or a lancet( small needle used by diabetics etc- sterile) to open the pore and the contents are extracted with wooden handled q tips in a clockwise manner as to not bruise the surrounding skin... keep milia at bay by washing your face twice a day and using a toner to keep perspiration off your face which sometimes contributes to these rascals...
I wish I knew. They drive me crazy! I have asked a dermatologist before about this, but they always seem to avoid the answer. (I have EB - Epidermolysis Bullosa.)





Most of the time, I ignore the millia but some of them are so deep, they are actually painful and feel almost like the core of a corn or something. I usually sterilise a pin and dig them out myself. I know this opens me to infection, but I know of no other way.





I'll be starring this so I can keep an eye on the answers. I hope you get many! :)





PS: Millia are neither whiteheads or syringomas. Millia are hard white ';seeds'; that form under the skin and can appear anywhere on the body, even on knuckles etc.





Milia are deep seeded white bumps that form when skin cells become trapped rather than exfoliate naturally. The trapped cells become walled off into tiny cysts that appear like white beads below the surface of the skin. Milia can occur on the skin or even on mucous membranes such as the inner surface of the cheek or the vermillion border of the lips.





As the surface is worn away, the tiny cyst may resolve on its own. Far too often, though, intervention to remove the cyst may offer more rapid resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment