Thursday, December 17, 2009

How do I go about talking my dermatologist into giving me acutane for my acne?

I want to use the strongest method for getting rid of my acne.I've had it for 5 years and it's no


little white heads.It's cystic ance and it's painful


and severe.Pimples with no head.Just big red bumps that itch and throb.I saw another dermatologist last year who told me I had to buy a bunch of otc stuff.I was pissed because I thought they were supposed to give you a prescription cream or pill.What can I say to


try and get my derm. to give me good treatment for severe acne?How do I go about talking my dermatologist into giving me acutane for my acne?
have you tried other prescription methods? Acutane is VERY dangerous, especially if you are female. There are a lot of differant appts. and meds. you have to take before going on acutane. Also, as a user of everything from Acutane, to Proactive, to just the stuff on the counter at Walgreens, the best thing I have recieved is a combo of:





Benzoyl Peroxide 8% (wash...2x a day)


Tazorac (topical.... at night)


Duac Gel (topical...morning)


and


Bactrum (pill... 2x a day)





also, I see a lot of people are recommending proactive. FOR ME- it made my skin worse, Dry, irratated, more broken out, and at sometimes my skin had an almost waxy feel to itHow do I go about talking my dermatologist into giving me acutane for my acne?
Just ask him/her about it. I'm suprised they didn't offer it right off the bat. That's what my dermatologist did, but I didn't want to go to the hospital and have a pregnancy test every three months.
Like I have said before, I was in the same boat as you about six years ago. I had horrible acne and my derm prescribed everything under the sun for me. Finally he wanted me to try accutane and it worked wonders. However, some docs won't prescribe it because of the side effects. Some people commited suicide so now doctor's won't prescribe it in fear of getting sued. But just ask your doctor if they think accutane would work for you and that you would like to try it. But I will be honest with you, accutane is a pain in the butt because you have to be on two types of birth control if you are a girl and you have to go and get blood drawn every month. But if you're a guy...it's a great deal!
if its that severe, he would be the one to recommend it to u
Just be firm with them. Tell them you have tried ever other medication known to man and that it is really starting to effect your self confidence. Tell them you should not have to suffer and demand to be put on accutane.





This is of course unless as long as you have tried all the other treatments, including the BCP, (Yasmin, Diane 35), Antibiotics (Doxycycline, Minocin) and the topicals (Benzoyl Peroxided, topical Isotretinoin). If so, you have every right to receive the most effective treatment.





In your case, it sounds like Accutane would be of great benefit to you. But it is certainly not a walk in the park, so please be sure to read up plenty about this drug, if your dermatolgosist agrees to put you on it.





I do not suggest you do this, but I had the exact same problem and ended up purchasing Accutane on line from an overseas pharmacy. I really hope you do not have to resort to the same tactics, because of the ignorance of some people in the medical profession!





Good luck and take care : )
this is the best stuff on the market for acne. try it and you won't need anything else


http://www.relaxdepot.com/product/Trioxi鈥?/a>
the best thing u should use is proactv...it really works i have ah fren who was in ure situation so ure not alone and it worked well for her! just use it daily then in no time it will go away
Have you tried www.proactiv.com?
I struggled with acne for years and I finally found the solution that works for me. We have been fooled, tricked, deceived, and just plain lied to. It's time that someone put a stop to it, and everyone learn the truth!





Those of us who suffer from acne have usually been given 2 choices and neither of them work:





1. Over the counter remedies such as cleansers, creams, ointments, etc. These things have been proven over and over again not to work. Why? It does not address the root cause of the problem.





2. Go see a doctor and or dermatologist. They will generally prescribe prescription drugs which include topicals and or antibiotics. This, too, has been proven over and over again not to work. Why? It does not address the root cause of the problem.





I found a step-by-step program that cured my acne and it has never come back. It is amazing and doesn鈥檛 use any drugs or doctors. The truth is that acne can be cured鈥f we know the secret the doctors and drug companies don鈥檛 want us to know.





There is a great website: http://cure-my-acne.info/3daycure/ that has all the details. I really suggest you check it out and see if it works as well for you as it did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment