Monday, December 14, 2009

How much would it cost to visit a dermatologist to get rid of acne?

I'm turning 18 so I won't have any insurance..


But I have mild acne and I'm thinking of visiting a dermatologist..but I'm unsure of expenses. How much would a visit be? And medication?





I've tried lots of different products over time but everything just seems to make it worse..





I live in Illinois by the way, if that helps.


About what would the price range be?How much would it cost to visit a dermatologist to get rid of acne?
Well


$50 check Up fee


And acne medicene doesn't come cheap. Expect maybe $150 and you could ask him to give you samples.How much would it cost to visit a dermatologist to get rid of acne?
I live in Michigan and have been going to a dermo since middle school. If you have no insurance it will be expensive for the office visits. You will have to go every 6 to 10 weeks for checkups. Eventually you will only go a few times a year. Im not sure what an office visit costs though as my insurance covers it. However, prescriptions without any insurance are also very expensive. if your acne is horible they will put you on accutane and I believe it runs somewhere around 40$ a month WITH insurance. Im sure some of the drugs are affordable. Sorry I cannot be of more help but mark my words it will be expensive.
http://www.pr2nx.com/2008/07/10/acne-cur…


If you’re worried about acne, here are some ways to keep pimples away: To help prevent the oil buildup that can lead to acne, wash your face once or twice a day with warm water and a mild soap or cleanser. If you wear makeup, moisturizer, or sunscreen, make sure they are “oil-free,” “non comedogenic,” or “non acnegenic. If you have long hair, keep it away from your face and wash it regularly to reduce oil.
We live in South Dakota. My son just started going to a dermatologist for the same reason. The fee for our office visit was roughly $80. The dermatologist also gave us free samples plus a prescription to try on his face. We have been using the samples for two months now %26amp; haven't had to fill the prescription. Hope this helps. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment